Deans' stroke musings

Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain!Just think of all the trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 493 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.
My back ground story is here:http://oc1dean.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-background-story_8.html

Friday, September 3, 2010

Insanity and neuroplasticity

1. Can neurons in the brain handle 2 separate tasks? I think the answer is yes;
http://oc1dean.blogspot.com/2011/11/neuronal-multitasking-principle.html


2. If not then how is it decided which parts of brain function are thrown away to neuroplastically recover the dead areas. Hopefully the thrown away parts are like toe control rather than cognitive areas which could lead me to insanity.
There is this myth that only 10% of the brain is used so therefore you just need to activate the other 90%.
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/pdf/tenper.pdf
Would be great if I could somehow get researchers to answer these questions.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog. I too received NO useful info after my stroke. Now that I can see a little better I search the internet for help like this. Don't stop- ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the 10% theory has been debunked, I cannot cite a web page as I do not remember what I was reading at the time (surprise)

    ReplyDelete