Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Falling from top of Mt. Everest to the bottom of the Marianis Trench

I use this analogy when friends ask me how I am doing.


Physically, prior to the event I considered myself extremely fit, able to climb to the top of Mt. Everest. Directly after the event I had fallen to the bottom of the Marianis Trench. Currently I am metaphorically swimming at sea level. The climb back to the top will probably take just as long as it took me to get into that kind of shape. Even after four years of no exercise I still am cardiovascularily fit which probably helped me survive the event.

2 comments:

  1. Prior to the stroke, I too considered that I was someone who was very physically and intellectually fit. I had to be, with working 3 jobs, dancing 1 night a week, and looking after a beautiful active little dog. Since the stroke I have no life, I cannot do any job well enough to keep it, or enjoy it, the dog is dead due to injuries I caused her, and I can only dance with the assistance of my partner and the kindness of other dancers. It took me 20 years to get to that stage in my life, At 60 now, I do not have 20 years to spare to build myself up again, especially since I am going from rock bottom, instead of superior in IQ and physically strong and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prior to the stroke, I too considered that I was someone who was very physically and intellectually fit. I had to be, with working 3 jobs, dancing 1 night a week, and looking after a beautiful active little dog. Since the stroke I have no life, I cannot do any job well enough to keep it, or enjoy it, the dog is dead due to injuries I caused her, and I can only dance with the assistance of my partner and the kindness of other dancers. It took me 20 years to get to that stage in my life, At 60 now, I do not have 20 years to spare to build myself up again, especially since I am going from rock bottom, instead of superior in IQ and physically strong and well.

    ReplyDelete