- A pilot study utilizing quantitative as well as qualitative methods and incorporating a repeated measures, A-B design was directed.
- The 23 members were healthy adult volunteers who were all either undergraduate students, postgraduate students, or staff of the University of Manchester.
- They got MOL-style questions on their mobile phones over a 1-week period.
- Qualitative outcomes were encouraging and demonstrated that the format and style of questioning were acceptable to participants and did not lead to increased worry or concern.
- A one-way, repeated measures ANOVA demonstrated that there was a nonsignificant decrease in scores on the 21-item Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Scale (DASS21) over a 2 week period.