Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Compelled BodyWeight Shift Technique to Facilitate Rehabilitation of Individuals with Acute Stroke

I wonder why this research was even done. It sounds like the same as this one in 2000. 
Compelled weightbearing in persons with hemiparesis following stroke: the effect of a lift insert and goal-directed balance exercise

 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10847573

 New one here:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_url?hl=en&q=http://downloads.isrn.com/journals/rehabilitation/2012/328018.pdf&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm25IQEELabc_fj_AEorblFrblGs-w&oi=scholaralrt

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps subjects tolerated being pushed onto a hemiplegic leg by a device because it is less personal than being pushed there by a person. I thought you would be enthusiastic about this finding since you dislike compensation (e.g. the sound leg doing most of the work). I liked this study because it showed that a lift insert, which is so much cheaper than a $100,000 robotic device, produced a statistically significant improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I love the idea of this. Its just that the newest research was totally unnecessary. From 2000 this should have already been disseminated to all PT schools and added to CME courses and being in widespread use in clinical settings.

      Delete
  2. I did this all on my own! I felt like I was walking around with my left leg on curb and the right in a road so I thought I might feel safer it the right was higher so I inserted 2 nested shoe liners and liked it. I showed my physio the next week. He said I cd have an orthopedic but it Dr Schoal was working for me go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one in 2000 was on chronic..there was no existing literature on acute stroke..so this was done..

    ReplyDelete