Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Quitter!

I'm seriously thinking of pulling back from my stroke blog for a while. It has completely consumed my life for the past 5 years and I'm not seeing much effect yet. Everything is pretty much laid out on how to fix the stroke medical system. Every single stroke hospital in the world should be doing  the exact same thing I'm doing, analyzing stroke research and seeing where it applies in the stroke protocols or setting up research to answer the question of how to get translational effects out of the research. I'm superfluous  There is no real intellectual challenge anymore in this. It is a management challenge and I've already proven in an earlier career that I hit the Peter Principle really hard when I was promoted to manager. Part of this is because I'm tired and I want to recover a couple hours for myself each night, maybe I'll finally catch up on sleep.
I will still post but probably put them up in a draft status until the weekend when I can blast them all out.
 There is still lots to do:
1. I have 20-30 ebooks to write yet on stroke
2. I have to create content for the various URLs I own.
    AFTERYOURSTROKE.COM   
    AFTERYOURSTROKE.INFO
    AFTERYOURSTROKE.NET
    AFTERYOURSTROKE.ORG
    DEANREINKE.COM
    DEANREINKE.INFO
    DEANREINKE.NET
    DEANREINKE.ORG
    DEANSSTROKEMUSINGS.COM
    STROKERESEARCHINSTITUTE.COM
    STROKERESEARCHINSTITUTE.INFO
    STROKERESEARCHINSTITUTE.NET
    STROKERESEARCHINSTITUTE.ORG
    STROKESURVIVORINSTITUTE.COM
    STROKETRIBEBLOGS.COM


3. I have to start up a stroke research foundation.
4. I have to recover enough to start running again.
5. I have to start a stroke blog farm.
Part of this is because I want to start another blog:
Deans' Michigan musings - Michigan is in a world of hurt from all the disastrous policies that have been implemented. And I happen to think that if I apply myself I could solve these problems. Hopefully leading to another career in public policy.
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2015/06/quitter/?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot to do and a full life waiting. I hope you accomplish everything you want to. I often think back on the stroke tribe days of posting on Amy's blog. That was some really funny stuff there. Thanks for all the work you've put in to promote system change in stroke rehab. I know as you move on you must have conflicting emotions, but remember: sometimes a chicken has to die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Jim said, plus this: you're the first stroke survivor I "met" online, and you're the only one I've encountered so far who had a stroke like mine was: caused by rowing too hard, which dissected my carotid artery. And how will I keep up with all current research (none) without your blog to read? I'm far too lazy and ignorant to do it myself. One last comment: get started on your F'ing books - I've been waiting a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog will keep going, it's just that I won't be updating on a daily basis anymore. I already have 14 posts queued for the weekend, except for the fact I'll be in Duluth MN on vacation prior to heading to the Winnipeg Folk Festival. I've been burning the candle at both ends and something had to give. Books, whenever I feel like it.

      Delete