WVU Medicine Physiatrist Karen Barr, MD, provides important tips for stroke recovery.
1. Neurological healing takes time and hard work.
2. Stroke prevention medications are key.
3. A rehab specialist can help you take steps toward recovery.
4. A physiatrist can address your physical and emotional needs.
5. Assistive equipment may be needed temporarily.
6. Exercise is important, even after a stroke.
7. Tell your doctor about any medical symptoms that occur.
The WVU Stroke Center offers a forum for education and peer support. You can also participate in some stroke support group meetings from the comfort of your own home via smartphone or computer. To learn more, contact Angela J. Schaffer at 304-293-1795 or email@example.com.