Use the labels in the right column to find what you want. Or you can go thru them one by one, there are only 17213 posts. Searching is done in the search box in upper left corner. I blog on anything to do with stroke.DO NOT DO ANYTHING SUGGESTED HERE AS I AM NOT MEDICALLY TRAINED, YOUR DOCTOR IS, LISTEN TO THEM. BUT I BET THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET YOU 100% RECOVERED. I DON'T EITHER, BUT HAVE PLENTY OF QUESTIONS FOR YOUR DOCTOR TO ANSWER.
Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain!Just think of all thetrillions and trillions of neuronsthateach daybecause there areNOeffective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 493 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.
What this blog is for:
My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal.
Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group. My back ground story is here:http://oc1dean.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-background-story_8.html
Friday, October 26, 2018
VIDEO | Australian-first robotic joystick to help stroke patients
But is it better that these other video games? If you don't know the answer your hospital is incompetent.
It’s the video game where winning and losing is replaced by recovery and progress.
Fourier M2 – a state-of-the-art robotic joystick designed to help
brain injury rehabilitation patients regain strength and range of motion
in their upper body.
device, which is not available anywhere else in Australia, is on loan
to HammondCare’s Braeside Hospital as part of a clinical trial until
The robotic technology allows
patients to play a series of video games with the joystick programmed to
be easier or harder depending on the stage of therapy.
Hospital director of rehabilitation services Dr Caitlin Anderson said
the robotic joystick will be used primarily in stroke rehabilitation and
upper limb therapy.
“Robotics is a proven therapy in stroke rehabilitation,” Dr Anderson said.
has two main benefits that add to traditional one-to-one therapy. It
allows people who may not have been able to do anything useful with
their arm to actually do active therapy which previously was limited.
can also add additional time in therapy to their program. Stroke rehab
is very much about amount of time in therapy gets additional benefit. So
the more time in therapy we can get hopefully the better outcomes there
are for patients.”
Director of rehabilitation services Dr Caitlin Anderson with Braeside Hospital's occupational therapy team.
The device was unveiled at Braeside Hospital’s Occupational Therapy Week celebrations on Wednesday.
Therapy Service Manager Abdul Shaik said the aim of the new
technology is to increase range of movement and strength in the arm.
Fourier M2 has four different modes including active and resistance settings and gives patients real-time feedback.
“If the patient able to do 20 per cent, the machine will do the other 80 per cent of movement,” Mr Shaik said.
The Fourier M2 homepage.
patients recovers the amount of assistance provide to patient can be
reduced. They play games like Fruit Ninja to help them regain strength
and range but also control how much they move their arm.”
Hospital’s eight occupational therapists work in their 36 bed
in-patient rehabilitation unit as well as supporting outpatients.
assist patients get back to every day live and maximise independence by
assisting in things like daily personal care, driver retraining and
helping people return to work.
They also work with Braeside’s other units including palliative care and mental health.