When: Monday, 29th August 2016
What Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Sydney Time
Where: Online - join via your computer!
Your Hosts: Anita Munoz
About the Webinar:
This session will outline the challenges facing stroke survivors once they are discharged from rehabilitation. Using HealthPathways Melbourne and its Post-Stroke Checklist as a clinical decision-making tools, this event will describe a framework for both general practitioners and allied health practitioners to effectively identify and manage those challenges and to work in cooperation to achieve the best outcomes for their patients.
The following are the learning objectives for this webinar:
- Describe the biopsychosocial challenges facing post-stroke patients living in the community
- Demonstrate the use of the Post-Stroke Checklist in assessing a stroke survivor's biopsychosocial needs
- List the practitioners and services involved in stroke survivor care in primary and secondary care settings
- Describe a framework for cooperation between practitioners to ensure best outcomes are achieved for post-stroke patients
- Demonstrate the use of the HealthPathways Melbourne as a clinical decision-making tool
Anita Munoz is a general practitioner working in Melbourne’s CBD and has a special interest in chronic disease management. She is also a medical educator, teaching registrars in vocational training, and works as a clinical editor on the HealthPathways Melbourne program for North Western PHN.