Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Friday, November 23, 2018

I had a stroke at 13 that left my face paralysed but doctors thought it was just a migraine

Well, just more proof that young adults really need to have all the classical signs of stroke. These courage and bravery awards are just signs that your doctors are failing at getting you 100% recovered. 

Factors Associated With Misdiagnosis of Acute Stroke in Young Adults

The latest here:

I had a stroke at 13 that left my face paralysed but doctors thought it was just a migraine


ELIZABETH Kiss was getting ready for her cousin’s wedding when she suffered a devastating stroke which left her with physical disabilities and completely changed her personality.














On July 19 2014, the 13-year-old, from Ingatestone, Essex, was struck with a blinding headache and ran into the sitting room where her mum was ironing, before collapsing.

After being rushed to hospital, scans revealed that she had a clot in her brain which had caused a stroke.
Four years on, the teenager has been given a courage award for her bravery and determination to recover.


The Stroke Association’s Life After Stroke Child Courage Award was presented to Elizabeth last night by Casualty actors Chelsea Halfpenny and Cath Shipton at a ceremony at the Landmark hotel in London.
Here Elizabeth, now 17, shares her incredible recovery story with Fabulous Digital…

MY stroke came as a total shock to everyone because I was a normal healthy kid.
A close family friend had recently had a stroke at the age of 51 and we thought that was young.
Even when I arrived at hospital I wasn’t immediately treated for stroke because they thought I was having a migraine.
Once they realised what had happened, the doctors were reluctant to operate because of my age. However they eventually performed emergency surgery to try and remove the clot - which was unsuccessful.

Luckily I’d started to improve and was brought out of intensive care. And that’s when things got really hard.
The stroke had left me paralysed, and I was unable to sit up or roll over in bed.
I was told that I’d need months of intensive therapy before I could do even simple tasks which totally overwhelmed me.
But I was so determined to get well that in just three weeks I was able to stand up.

I burst into tears because I knew what an important milestone it was.
I’m naturally a really competitive person and I think that got me through those dark days. Giving up wasn’t an option.
I had months of occupational therapy and physiotherapy and needed a lot of time off school which I hated.
I felt as though I was missing out on my life and I lost friends - because I was suddenly so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment