- For this research, they designed a randomised, placebo–controlled, double–blind, counterbalanced–crossover study.
- This study evaluated the impacts of 230 ml purple grape juice or sugar–matched control in 20 healthy young adults.
- Computerised measures of episodic memory, working memory, attention and mood were finished at baseline and following a 20–min absorption period.
- In this study, they observed that the purple grape juice significantly enhanced reaction time on a composite attention measure (p = 0.047) and increased calm ratings (p = 0.046) when compared to placebo.
- Order impacts likewise showed an enduring positive effect on pre–dose memory reaction time (p = 0.018) and post–dose calm ratings (p = 0.019) when purple grape was consumed first.