Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Opening plastic bottles

Failures again. I get these bottles for lunch so I can slip them into my pocket to carry back to the desk. One handed carrying of food container and open cup is a disaster waiting to happen. The problem is that my affected left hand can't close small enough to grab onto the cap and it takes forever to pry open the fingers to get the bottle inside. Then I don't have enough force to grasp the bottle while I twist the cap off. So the solution is to grab the cap with the teeth and turn the bottle with the good right hand. A better solution would be to contact the manufacturers of these types of bottles and have them lower the force needed to open the bottle. At least that is what a great stroke association would be doing. Also would help the elderly.  When I'm at home I use the under the cabinet V shaped serrated bottle opener.
Never enough coffee

1 comment:

  1. I rarely buy individual drink bottles. But when I do, it's at a rest stop or convenience store, where I'm buying the item from a person, and I ask that person to open it for me first. I first tried opening one by myself at North Station, returning home from a PT appointment. Sitting, I put the bottle of water between my knees and the turn the cap w my working hand. Geyser! Then a train ride home with soaked pants. Given that it's better to be embarrassed by asking help opening a bottle than by walking around with wet pants, I always ask now.

    ReplyDelete