Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Flight fun

I was supposed to leave LaGuardia airport at 6:30 pm leaving me an hour layover in Detroit to catch the next flight. 3 of us took a taxi and arrived at 3pm to make sure we didn't get caught in afternoon rush hour traffic. On the way there I got a text that my flight was delayed by 45 minutes meaning that there was no way to get on the final flight on time. Then I got another text telling me I had been rescheduled to a 3:35 flight to Columbus, then Detroit,  then Lansing.  Since this was a totally different flight I now needed to be in a different terminal which the gate agent called on one of the wheelchair service people and I got whisked thru the TSA line in no time. Barely made it to the gate on time to find out it's delayed 15 minutes, then another 15 minutes as the plane needs cooling down.  We board, sit there 10 minutes and have to deplane because the cooler is not working properly. 45 minutes later we board again.  Now I only have 30 minutes to catch my next flight. Land at 7pm in Columbus.  Rush to my gate. The previous flight to Detroit from 4:51 has not left yet. It seems thunderstorms in Detroit have delayed everything. After the storms clear Detroit, lightning at Columbus prevents the ground crew from getting out there. We finally board the plane around 9:30, about the time my flight to Lansing from Detroit is to take off. That final flight is delayed till 11:02 so it may be possible to still make it. But as we are taxiing to the gate in Detroit I can see the gate where the Lansing plane is supposed to be is already empty. So I now have a 10am flight to Lansing in the morning. I'm spending the night at the airport since I'm too cheap to get a hotel and I'm not sure work would pick up the expense. No idea where my luggage is. I'll be flying back to New York on Labor day to work there Tues., Wed., Thu. And I'll be staying in a totally different area at a different hotel. Time to get completely lost multiple more times. Currently 1:49 am Eastern time. Life is good. We had a great plane turbulence drop on the way to Detroit, everyone got excited. One guy thought for sure we were going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment