Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Success at 10,000 daily steps via Fitbit

In the past week I managed to get 6 out of 7 days of more than 10,000 steps.
Weekends are not too difficult, I walk the natural area behind the apartments, depending on the loops I do I can get 3-7 thousand steps done in an hour. Weekdays I have to do 3 5-10 minutes walks during the workday and for lunch walk a half mile each way.  That usually leaves me with needing 5-6,000 steps after work. That's doable by changing into walking shoes, grabbing several cigars for smoking as I walk and purposely striding along. Cigars are necessary as that forces me to look ahead rather than down at my feet as I walk. This challenges me a lot since the trails are covered in roots, branches and leaves and you have to react to balance problems by proprioception rather than visual sight. Soon this will become even more difficult as I will be doing this in the dark. This is an incentive to get in more exercise since in the process of getting socially connected here in Michigan I joined lots of Meetup groups, with lots of dinner and drinking get togethers. As a result I'm 35 pounds over what I should weigh. At 10 o'clock I check to see if I need to make a 500 step loop around the apartments or even more.  A PT would tell me my walking does not look good and is inefficient. I'll correct that whenever the hell I get my spasticity stopped

Saturday October 18

Sunday October 19

Monday October 20, not a good day, I spent 8 hours at work solving another coworkers problem and had a 2 hour wine class immediately after work. Not enough time to get in 10,000 steps and I didn't feel like even trying.

Tuesday October 21

Wednesday October 22

Thursday October 23

Friday October 24

No comments:

Post a Comment