- tPA full recovery better than 12%?
- Full stroke recovery better than 10%?
- 30 day stroke deaths better than your competitors?
• The staff is fully engaged and works collaboratively as a team
• The staff promotes a culture of clinical excellence centered around patient safety
• Excellent patient education documentation is distributed by all disciplines
• “Our focus in the J.W. Sommer Rehabilitation Unit is to provide the best care for the rehabilitation patients we are privileged to serve,” said Shoals Hospital CEO, Kidada Hawkins. “We are honored to have this endorsement from the Joint Commission.”
Studies indicate that sixty percent of stroke survivors can benefit from comprehensive rehabilitation. Eighty percent of patients receiving this level of therapy return to their homes, work, active retirement or etc., according to the National Rehabilitation Caucus. The Joint Commission acknowledgment of J.W. Sommer’s continuum of care for stroke offers patients and families peace of mind in knowing they are getting quality stroke care for maximized results.
J.W. Sommer remains the area’s only Certified Stroke Rehabilitation Unit,” Hawkins added. “Congratulations to the leadership of this effort including Medical Director Steve Howell, MD, Unit Administrator Pamela Moore, Stroke Program Coordinator Lauren Carpenter, and Director of Therapeutic Services April Allen.