full recovery using tPA
100% full recovery
Bragging with absolutely no basis in facts. Call that hospital president(
Chief Executive Officer
706.596.4000and demand to know what the RESULTS are; tPA efficacy, 30 day deaths, 100% recovery.
Unless WE start putting hospital and doctors feet to the fire they will never change for the better.
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) -
St. Francis Hospital in Columbus has been named one of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care and one of America’s Best Stroke Centers by Women’s Choice Award.
The award signifies that St. Francis Hospital is in the top tier of the nation’s 4,789 hospitals offering heart care and stroke services.
Heart disease is the number one killer of American women, causing one in three deaths each year – approximately one woman every minute, according to the American Heart Association. What’s often thought of as a “man’s disease” actually strikes more women than men.
Additionally, stroke is the third leading cause of death for women and the fifth leading cause of death for men, according to the National Stroke Association.
Each year 55,000 more women have a stroke than men. Because in general women live longer than men, stroke will have more of a negative impact on their lives.
The methodology used to select America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care includes:
- The number of cardiac/vascular services offered. Recognized hospitals must offer at least six of the following services: Cardiac Catheter Lab, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Surgery, Carotid Stenting, Coronary Interventions, Electrophysiology, Vascular Interventions, Vascular Surgery and Coronary Intensive Care (CCU). St. Francis provides all of these.
- 30-Day mortality and readmission rates for heart attack and failure
- Patient recommendation ratings on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) Survey
- Primary research about women’s healthcare preferences as related to the hospital’s patient satisfaction scores
- The time from emergency department arrival to head CT scan results (top 80 percent nationally), (So what?)
- The time from first symptoms to receiving thrombolytic therapy (top 80 percent nationally), (So what?)
- Provision of stoke education for patient and family before discharge (top 80 percent nationally),(So what?)
- Patient recommendation scores above the national average,
- Rated Better or No Different than the U.S. National Rate for 30-day mortality measure,
- Rated Better or No Different than the U.S. National Rate for 30-day readmission measure.
As the region’s cardiac hospital, St. Francis provides a comprehensive range of cardiovascular services, including the only open-heart surgery service. St. Francis was the first hospital in Georgia to earn The Joint Commission’s Acute Coronary Syndrome Care certification. In 2016, the hospital entered into an affiliation with the Emory Clinic’s Cardiothoracic Surgery Program.
For more information about America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care or America’s Best Stroke Centers, please visit this link.