Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Reversing the Damage of a Stroke

My reply to the column, we'll see if it gets published.  We need to reply to all stroke articles stating what needs to be done. Our doctors, hospitals and stroke associations are totally failing in solving stroke. We need to point out that stroke is a complete failure in all respects.

Damn lucky that he managed to become one of the 10% who fully recover. Notice that the doctors had absolutely nothing to do with his recovery. If the doctors had set in motion decades ago research that would have stopped the neuronal cascade of death in the first week, billions of neurons could have been saved.  With that neuroprotection in place a lot more people could fully recover. I never use the word neuroprotection, it gives no sense of urgency. The neuronal cascade of death sounds important, that is the only way doctors and researchers will try to solve it.  I have identified 5 causes of that neuronal cascade of death, I'm sure I missed a few. 

Reversing the Damage of a Stroke

Reply: Until the stroke associations acknowledge that everything in stroke is a failure, they will never try to get survivors to 100% recovery. Full recovery using tPA is only 12%, full recovery after stroke rehab is only 10%. Since the WHO now states that 1 in 4 will have a stroke your chances of ever getting to full recovery are nil. I'm 13 years out from my stroke and assuredly will never completely recover. I explain what needs to be done for stroke in my blog, Deans' Stroke Musings. But since I'm not medically trained, non existent stroke leadership will never listen to my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment