Is their full recovery after using tPA better than 12%?
Is their full recovery after rehab better than 10%?
No one tells the truth, if you have a stroke right now you are screwed. No one in the world can get you 100% recovered. There are no protocols to accomplish that.
- Face. Does the face droop on one side when the person tries to smile?
- Arms. Is one arm lower when the person tries to raise both arms?
- Speech. Can the person repeat a simple sentence? Is speech slurred or hard to understand?
- Time. During a stroke every minute counts. If you observe any of these signs, call 911 or your local emergency number immediately.
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, including either leg
- Dimness, blurring or loss of vision, particularly in one eye
- Severe headache — a bolt out of the blue — with no apparent cause
- Unexplained dizziness, unsteadiness or a sudden fall, especially if accompanied by any of the other signs or symptoms