Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Biking1 stroke rehab - 2013

Its going to occur. I picked up my bike from the shop on Wed. That night as I'm reading a loud boom occurs  in my apartment. The front tire inner tube gave out.  This morning I get the  tire off the rim using my bike tire levers.
I've changed dozens of tires so I know exactly what to do.  None of this patching for me I just go straight to a new inner tube.  Since this is my first tire change post stroke I found out that tire levers can also be used to snap the tire back onto the rim. That was the easy part. I spent the next 15 minutes wrestling  the tire onto the front fork. With two useable hands I could have gotten it done in 10 seconds. But success was going to occur. That effort knocked the front brake pad out of alignment so the left pad was preventing the wheel from turning. And since this was the new SlidePad system it took me another 15 minutes to get it adjusted. Finally got it outside in the 58 degree weather and while I only rode around in the parking lot, it felt great. The seat was no longer twisting underneath me, the left foot was prevented from sliding off due to the toe clip. The new braking system allowed me to get going fast enough so I was no longer wobbling. The rear view mirror meant I didn't need to try looking over my shoulder. The only problem to be corrected is my left wrist curls and will not stay straight.  But its happening and I am happy, happy, happy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for your "happy, happy, happy." You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete