Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Extra driving therapy

Yesterday, while driving back from Minneapolis, 12 hours in all. The first 6 hours were uneventful, I set the cruise control at 80 and got the left elbow on the gel pad on the armrest and the left hand at 7 o'clock on the steering wheel. The elbow stays maybe 6 inches away from my side, the wrist is bent to the left and the fingers do not clasp the wheel. But its a start, I'll work on the other pieces over time. About 8:30 pulling out from a food stop just south of Chicago I stopped with other cars on the on ramp with flashers going because the sheets of rain coming down made seeing 10 yards ahead impossible. 15 minutes later I started on the interstate, the rain coming down in sheets again, I made it maybe a mile before I lost the tail lights of the truck I was following and came to an underpass where cars were taking refuge. I joined them for 30  minutes. Spent the next 5 hours driving maybe 65-70 mph adjusting the wiper speed quite often.  10 minutes outside town, still on the interstate, two troopers with flashing lights were stopped in the opposite lanes and I noticed a car in the ditch. Just then I hit a 3-5 in deep pool of water covering the road, water spraying everywhere. The whole interstate was flooded. I must have been going slow enough not to hydroplane off the road like the car the troopers were trying to help. It was great cognition therapy because I had to have full concentration on driving for hours and still be able to change wiper speed, signal lane changes and change CDs.

This winter was disappointing because there were no snowstorms to drive around in. 

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment