Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Rental cars stroke challenges

Key fob to start with. I rolled it around in my hand trying to figure out how to release the switchblade key. To no avail, there seems to be no key whatsoever. Finally realized that you just step on the brake and push the button called start.

I spent two weeks in Tampa writing technical documentation for a computer operator that gave two weeks notice. 

The first week I got a Chrysler 300, ok.

The 2nd week I got upgraded, personally I think it was a massive downgrade to a Chevy Tahoe. With the rear tinted windows I felt I couldn't see anything and the beast was huge. Took me forever to figure out the side mirrors after folding them down multiple times. Since the beast was so wide I managed to drive over the raised reflector bumps quite a bit.  When that occurred you got corresponding gooses in your right or left butt cheek. 

Had to sit and read the manual to figure out the gas tank release. The worst was that there were conflicting signs about where the gas port was. On the dash was an icon of a gas pump on the right side of the gas gauge, next to the pump was a small arrow pointing left. I made the incorrect assumption that the gas pump signified the correct side for the gas port.

The flashing yellow light on the side mirrors that signified that a car was approaching that blind spot was absolutely necessary for the beast. I swore I would never drive a car with a backup camera, but with the beast it was completely necessary, and the curved lines showing where the car was headed were needed. Although by the end of the week I just made sure I didn't have to back up.

The Tahoe required a running board to be climbed up on to enter the vehicle. Getting back to my Toyota Matrix was a joy, something small and maneuverable.

1 comment:

  1. I know you envy my semi-working arm.

    I really envy 1)your cognitive function 2)not having to use an adaptive gas pedal. No car rentals.

    ReplyDelete