Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Benik w-700 hand splint 2nd post

It has been two years since I last tried this, last night spent 30 minutes trying to get it on and failed. With the amount of velcro on here one-handed  donning of this is almost impossible.

 

I bought this a long time ago and if I had this useable in the same time frame as I was using the wrist splint I would likely have more supple fingers. I received the godawful hand built blue plastic hand and wrist splint for nighttime use that rotted after 3 years and never managed to keep my fingers straight no matter how I tried velcroing them down. I finally broke down and installed this on my hand after getting tired of having to constantly flex my fingers open and closed. I hate not knowing the protocol number of times needed to passively flex your fingers before it breaks the spastiscity. The fingers seem to be pulled out correctly but the thumb doesn't have a splint to pull it out.

On my own I started wearing these, wore out three sets in 4 years.  They start to smell after a while. But my wrist never got close to contraction.

On the hand
The pieces of the splint

No comments:

Post a Comment