Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Passport

I think I need to permanently attach it.
The first time I lost it I had come back from my weeklong whitewater canoe trip on the Dog river in Canada on Sat. night. Unpacked my gear. Had the stroke the next morning. Never did find that one. Looking around the house with a cane and one useable hand meant lots of frustration.
Applied for a new one with my old birth certificate.

Last summer when I was getting ready for the move to Michigan and a new job I needed the passport or a birth certificate  to prove citizenship.  I pawed thru everything, never found the birth certificate. Finally I asked my parents if they had one, they actually went to the courthouse and bought a new one for me.
Just before leaving I was talking to one of the friends that I go to the Winnipeg Folk Festival with.  I had driven in 2011 and we realized that we put the passports in the center console for easy access at customs.  And there it was, one year in the car.
Two months ago I started looking for my passport again since I had just gotten tickets for this years Winnipeg Folk Festival. It can't be in too many places because when I first moved into the apartment I had no furniture. It wasn't at work or in any of my 3 briefcases. On Monday I gave up and contacted one of the fast passport centers and went for the 2 day turnaround, 4th of July holiday forcing that issue. The extra birth certificate from my parents came in handy. Today on Wednesday I received it via FedEx.  I leave next Tuesday - Cat Empire - here I come.
$200+ down the drain. But for these friends, worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I have a computer file where I save the location of objects I rarely use. It's a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you got the new one, did you also get the passport card? You can keep it in your wallet, where you may be less likely to misplace it. Or, if nothing else, you have two copies, so might be more likely to not lose track of both. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean, those of us who have these cognitive problems that end up making us feel as if we're the stupidest things on the planet, need to follow strategies so that these things don't happen but rarely. I got into the habit long ago of putting everything and anything back to where I have found it. My purse always goes into the same place in my house, top drawer in the computer room. Kitchen scissors, which are a God send for those of us who can't open the frozen food packets, always go into the kitchen drawer just under where the coffee maker it.

    This is the only way I can stop myself from going bonkers when I can't find something, all because I know exactly where it is.

    ReplyDelete