Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

My doctor has told me I won't recover, What should I do?

Questions I get asked.
My fairly generic answer because the answer is out there, they just need to read it.

You totally ignore your doctors  pronouncement on your recovery, They know nothing. Your recovery is totally up to your hard work. It may take millions of repetitions.
Read Amys blog;
http://mycerebellarstrokerecovery.com/
Scotts blog;
http://strokeselfrecovery.blogspot.com/
Scotts blog from the wayback machine - archives;
https://web.archive.org/web/20131008064245/http://strokeselfrecovery.blogspot.com/
Barbs blog;
http://barbpolansrecovery.blogspot.com/ 
Peters blog;
http://recoverfromstroke.blogspot.com/
Read all the entries including the books mentioned, they will give you the info you need to recover. There is no magic or shortcut, its all repetition, repetition, repetition.
If you have no movement in some muscles click on dead brain rehab on the right side index of my blog.
I'm not medically trained so none of this is to be listened to. (snort, snort)

6 comments:

  1. Obviously my blog focuses on emotional/philosophical issues rather than medical information, but I feel left out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am medically trained. Listen to Dean not to your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The VA clinic I go to is small, so the doctors I see now and who see me walking know they're the ones who told me I wouldn't walk a few short years ago. My bitter anger and rage about that must be palpable, for they seem unusually silent during my visits. Good. They should stay that way. Thank you for the post, Dean, the contemptible ignorance of doctors cannot be stressed enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire every idiot immediately that tells you this nonsense!!! They know nothing, Dean is exactly right! Buy Peter's book and focus like your life depends on it with every repetition. Don't waste your time "going through the motions" of an exercise, I'm convinced the "intensity" is at least equally important.

    ReplyDelete