Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Rain and an argument at Winnipeg Folk Festival

The 1.5 hours between the small stage shows and the main stage starting up usually has my four friends biking back to the campsite for snacks and libations. I stay at the site, getting dinner and waiting on the tarp for the shows to start. This day it started raining and I only had my jacket along, not my rain pants, so I pulled out a smaller tarp tucked under the main tarp just for that purpose just to cover my legs. It rained pretty steadily but warm and the tarp leaked a fair amount. Maybe 1.5 hours later my guy friends finally came to the tarp, never telling me where the two women friends were. They showed up a half hour later wondering why we all were sitting in the rain while they had been waiting for all of us under the beer tent with beer tickets. That then devolved into arguing which pair had done the most to save Dean. The women who were prepared to save us all like the St. Bernard Rescue Dog carrying a whiskey barrel? They had done the planning ahead of time. Or the guys who actually found me? Of course there were two in each group so they could have split up to find everyone.  Overall there was a lack of planning. If he is at the tarp bring him to safety in the beer tent. If he is in the beer tent fetch the guys back to the tent to celebrate Deans' survival. This argument went on for what seemed like hours, and I was supposed to choose which pair amongst the four best friends was actually the bestest. I refused to do so. We relitigated the argument at the beer tent later and managed to cadge a joint by our marijuana whisperer.
Sorry this is 3 weeks late from when it occurred but when you travel for work every week and social connections fill the weekends it is hard to keep up my prodigious blog output up to date.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment