Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

non-functional stroke therapy - swing

Diane of Pink House on the Corner was complaining about the functionality focus of therapists.I agree totally, its the way they have to write notes so they get paid. I have such diffuse deficits due to the pre-motor cortex dead area and white matter damage that I really only work on individual muscles and eventually will put them together in a coordinated pattern. This should be something our therapists should be able to explain to us but that would require some brainpower thinking outside of book larning.
My hamstring does not fire properly when walking so I sit on our grape arbor swing and push/pull the swing back and forth while reading a book (multitasking - hey And if I really want to challenge myself I'll put my left arm on the top of the bench and see how long I can hold it there. ). This would be an easy research project for any therapist to setup. To answer the question - How many repetitions does it take to get the hamstring working in concert when walking?

The flagstone at the bottom sticks out 1 inch so
I can hook my heel on it. Just think of the dangers of the woodpile falling. Don't self medicate.

1 comment:

  1. I love the grape arbor! It makes therapy sound so pleasant, and functional too!

    ReplyDelete