How the hell are we going to get to 100% recovery for all if we don't acknowledge the failures in stroke? Everyone is so fucking pollyannish.
1. Only 10% of patients get to full recovery.
2. tPA only fully works to reverse the stroke 12% of the time. Known since 1996.
3. No protocols to prevent your 33% dementia chance post-stroke from an Australian study.
4. Nothing to alleviate your fatigue.
5. Nothing that will cure your spasticity.
6. Nothing on cognitive training unless you find this yourself.
7. No published stroke protocols.
8. No way to compare your stroke hospital results vs. other stroke hospitals.
From Seth's Blog;
It's a mistake to hesitate on the saying part. Because if you don't say it, it's unlikely to get done.
Dreams, goals and projects don't require a likelihood of success merely to be discussed.