Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The public is dangerously misinformed about stroke.

From a NSA email. Damn right it is, and you are a major part of the problem, pushing F.A.S.T. as if it is a solution. Its not. You could probably save even more lives and have much less disability if the neuronal cascade of death is solved. I've even provided 177 possibilities needing research.
Sorry Jim, I blame you for not driving to real solutions to stroke, not just handing out lazy press releases. You're the CEO of the NSA, do something with that power or let someone else take over.
http://nsa.convio.net/site/MessageViewer?em_id=23041.0&dlv_id=31343
Dear dean,
Ruth’s story shows the importance of the public knowing the signs and symptoms of a stroke. Her husband acted FAST and got her life saving treatment. National Stroke Association has long championed FAST (Face, Arms, Speech, Time) and wants you to know how it can save your life or the life of a loved one.
Photo of RuthRuth’s Story
“I was sitting in my car talking to my husband by phone. I was really tired and the phone fell right out of my hand. I realized immediately the right side of my body was lagging. I managed to hit the redial button and said, ‘Listen, I only have a few minutes, I’m having a stroke.’ But my husband heard only gibberish.
My husband, a retired fireman, recognized the garbled speech as the sign of a stroke. He rushed to my side and took me to the hospital where I was administered life-saving Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA). Had I not had this treatment when I did, the outcome of my stroke might have been very different.
Today, nearly two years after my stroke, I am back to my old self.  I am so thankful.”
With your help, we can do more to educate the community about stroke. You probably know that a stroke can happen to anyone, at any time. By making a gift to National Stroke Association today, you can help us ensure that more people know about stroke and act FAST too.
We need your help.
The public is dangerously  misinformed about stroke. It is our goal to reduce the incidence and impact of stroke. We’re working hard each day to reach that goal, but we can do more if you make a life-saving gift today. It’s easy and every dollar makes a difference.
And, this year, your gift will go farther. Through a generous donation your gift to National Stroke Association will be doubled. That means $25 becomes $50 to reach more people with lifesaving information about stroke prevention and treatment. Knowledge saves lives.
Sincerely,
JB
Jim Baranski
Chief Executive Officer
National Stroke Association

1 comment:

  1. Yes I agree. You, Jim Baranski, are dangerously misinforming the public about stroke.

    I just realized I can't be a robot, every time I comment on your or Barb's blog I prove that I'm not a robot.

    ReplyDelete