1. Effects of whole-body vibration on muscle architecture, muscle strength, and balance in stroke: A randomized controlled trial
2. Vibrating Glove May Enhance Sense of Touch
3. No specific effect of whole-body vibration training in chronic stroke: a double-blind randomized controlled study.
4. Efficacy of whole body vibration exercise in older people: a systematic review
5. Quicker and easier rehabilitation following a stroke - vibration
6. Vibration and stroke rehab
7. Vibrostimulation in Bobsleigh
8. 7-speed Secret Love Finger Fun Vibrator Vibration Massager with Sexy Dice
9. Foot drop - Step Sensor by Brownmed
10. Touchy-feely options for stroke rehabilitation
11. Stroke rehab glove combines mental practice and muscle stimulation to improve hand function
The effects on strength, balance and mobility when combining whole body vibration and traditional rehabilitation for stroke patients
More research needed to test this in stroke patients. Like maybe create a protocol.
- Data was extracted from PubMed, CINAHL, Scopus and Web of Science, via a combination of the following keywords: Vibration, vibration therapy, power, maximal voluntary contraction, performance, rate of force development and vibratory exercise.
- The Medical Subject Headings ‘vibration’, ‘strength’ and ‘exercise’ were also used.
- The bibliographical search was limited to articles published in English.
- The inclusion studies were those that analyzed the effect of localised vibration on muscle strength in healthy humans.
- 2 independent evaluators verified the quality of the selected studies through the PEDro Scale and the Cochrane Collaboration’s tool, for assessing the risk of bias. Muscle strength was estimated for each intervention.
- An evaluation was done of 29 full-text studies for eligibility.
- 18 studies did not match the inclusion criteria, and were excluded.
- The 11 selected studies reported an average PEDro score of 5.36/10.
- Maximum studies exhibited marked improvements in muscle strength after the application of local vibration.
- A significant change was noted in the vibration training parameters and target muscle location.