But these other reasons for blueberries, bet your doctor doesn't have them in your diet stroke recovery protocol?
Daily Consumption of Blueberries May Lower Blood Pressure Was this one now refuted?
High Anthocyanin Intake Is Associated With a Reduced Risk of Myocardial Infarction in Young and Middle-Aged Women - blueberries 2013
Well known as an anti-inflammatory agent, studies have shown that even moderate consumption could increase neural signaling in the brain.
The not positive research here:
Effects of blueberry supplementation on blood pressure: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials
- Researchers performed a comprehensive literature search of PubMed, The Cochrane Library, AMED (Allied and Complementary Medicine Database), Embase, Web of Science, Wanfang Database, and China National Knowledge Infrastructure to identify potential studies published before June 2015.
- The standardized mean difference and 95% confidence interval (CI) were used as summary statistics.
- They calculated net changes in systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) between the blueberry and placebo groups by subtracting the values at the end of follow–up from those at baseline.
- Meta–regression was used to identify potential moderators of effect size.
- The meta–analysis included overall 6 RCT studies with 204 participants.
- Researchers observed that there was no significant effect of blueberry supplementation on changes in blood pressure (BP) relative to baseline, and there was a mean difference of –0.28 (95% CI: –1.11 to 0.56, I2=87%) and –0.5 (95% CI: –1.24 to 0.24, I2=84%) mmHg for SBP and DBP, respectively.