- Dietary supplementation with B-vitamins and choline promotes recovery from stroke. How much and how long?
- Supplementation promotes neuroplasticity and increased anti-oxidant activity.
- Genetic deficiency in B-vitamins increases vulnerability to stroke, in vitro.
- BDNF, Brain derived neurotrophic factor;
- CD, Control diet;
- FADD, Folic acid deficient diet;
- OGD, Oxygen glucose deprivation;
- Nrf-2, Nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like2;
- MTHFR, Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase;
- SOD2, Superoxide dismutase 2;
- SD, Supplemented diet
- Cerebral ischemia;
- Methylenetetrahydrfolate reductase;
- Cortical plasticity