1. A documented 33% dementia chance post-stroke from an Australian study? May 2012.
2. Then this study came out and seems to have a range from 17-66%. December 2013.
3. A 20% chance in this research. July 2013.
4. A 2-fold increase in dementia risk in this study Jan. 2017
- Coconut oil and MCFAs protect against Aβ-induced neurotoxicity in primary rat cortical neurons.
- Coconut oil inhibits Aβ-induced elevation of markers of cellular stress (Cl Caspase3, ROS).
- Coconut oil and MCFAs promote a modest increased in ketone bodies.
- Coconut oil promotes neuroprotection by activating Akt and ERK signalling pathways.