- A total of 62 women and men (mean age 49.7 years) participated in this study.
- Following the sound meditation participants reported significantly less tension, anger, fatigue, and depressed mood (all Ps <.001) as compared with pre–meditation.
- Also, participants who were previously naïve to this type of meditation experienced an essentially greater reduction in tension compared with participants experienced in this meditation (P < .001).
- The study found that feeling of spiritual well–being significantly increased across all participants (P < .001).
- As per the outcomes, Tibetan singing bowl meditation might be a feasible low–cost low technology intervention for reducing feelings of tension, anxiety, and depression, and increasing spiritual well–being.