Doctors are failing stroke patients for these reasons:
1. 12% full tPA efficacy is a failure.
2. 10% full recovery is a failure.
3. No publicly available stroke protocols with efficacy is a failure.
4. Nothing to cure spasticity is a failure.
5. Nothing to cure fatigue is a failure.
6. Nothing to stop the neuronal cascade of death in the first week is a failure.
7. Not able to objectively and accurately identify stroke in the ER is a failure.
8. Nothing to prevent dementia is a failure.
This focuses on costs, have them focus on results.
A new document has just been released giving greater detail of further draft plans to reshape health and services across Devon.
The latest submission, as part of the Wider Devon Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP), has prioritised the following services for review following concerns, including over quality and sustainability ...
As well as these large scale reviews, a number of smaller will be reviewed because they are currently facing particular difficulties in remaining sustainable and safe due to workforce and other challenges.
The most urgent of these 'vulnerable' services to be reviewed are breast services, ear, nose and throat (ENT), interventional radiology, histopathology, neurology, interventional cardiology and vascular .
Due to necessity, early work has started on neurology, vascular and ENT which needs to be extended to be Devon wide.
Any proposed changes will be subject to debate and challenge by the public, service users, local communities and their elected representatives, health and care staff and their trade unions.
Read more at http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/heath-and-care-services-under-review-in-devon-is-announced/story-29873991-detail/story.html#CfYZmZsM8uektMJi.99