There are two approaches to most people use when figuring out how to reduce their stroke risk: focusing on what foods to eliminate and figuring out which ones to eat in abundance. Many probably go with the former. Since the condition is responsible for one out of every 20 deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it’s no wonder avoidance is so appealing. Though this is a completely normal way to go about building a , it can soon leave you feeling as though there’s hardly anything you can eat.
Tomatoes heated for just 30 minutes boost the level of the cancer fighting antioxidant, lycopene by 62-percent.
2. Whole grainsEach 28-gram serving of whole grains per day was associated with a 5% reduction in overall death risk and a 9% reduction in death from cardiovascular causes,
3. Beans and legumes
4. Eggseating one egg per day may reduce the risk of stroke by as much as 12%
5. Red wine
All the great things studies claim drinking red wine can do:
Ask your doctor if one glass of red wine a day can provide all these benefits1. Lower the risk of breast cancer.
2. Raise levels of good HDL cholesterol.
3. Be equivalent to an hour of exercise.
3. Give you better sleep quality.
4. Prevent tooth decay.
5. Reduce plaque in your arteries.
6. Make you have fewer colds.
7. Help you lose weight.
8. Lower your risk of heart disease, stroke, and dementia.
9. Give you "gorgeous skin."
10. Aid digestion.
11. Enhance exercise performance.
12. Control Type 2 Diabetes.
13. Help you "chill out."
14. Reduce risk of depression.
15. Give you a longer life.
16. Increase diversity of bacteria in your gut.
17. Fight off cavities.
18. Stop bug bites.