Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

coat pocket rehab

It is currently impossible to get my affected left hand into any of my coats by itself. My spasticity doesn't allow the hand to stay close to my body., my hand remains fistlike, except for the little finger which inadvertantly pops out at times. I have to use my right hand to guide the left hand in and then try again since the little finger got caught. Nothing about this was in any of my ADL training. I guess living in Minnesota at the time was not a valid reason to have a training protocol for coat wearing.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your coats have side pockets with slanted openings. Without those, good luck. Or mittens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the slash pockets are helpful. The mitten requires me to pry my thumb into the thumb finger, works most of the time.

      Delete
  2. I live in Portland Oregon, which has a more mild climate, so I can get away with wearing a vest over a warm pullover. I got a vest with the MagZip:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0199HQI1E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    Sine stroke 4 years I have not been able to wear gloves or mittens, but never did anyway, except skiing & motorcycling, which are out now anyway.

    ReplyDelete