Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What the hell makes you think you know more than your stroke rehab staff?

I get this question from my wife. Shes a PT so any questions questioning the medical profession are seen as an attack on her training.
For anyone else asking this question of me the answer is as follows. Hell yes, my original doctors proved that they were not keeping up with medical advancements. I live and breath thinking about this 24 hours a day. I have read numerous books on the subject and hundreds of research abstracts. I also read all the questions and answers on 12+ stroke forums on the web. Every stroke association web site is way too general to help any survivor. So I am arrogant enough not only to think I am smarter and more knowledgeable than my medical staff but I know I am. Read my post What my doctor should have told me about stroke recovery to get an idea where I think we should be going.

1 comment:

  1. This has been an education in a whole different way. I had LOTS of medical professionals following the stroke that were obviously, obviously, OBVIOUSLY not keeping up with research. I can empathize with your wife because I'm a PT too but OMG I think that the majority of health care providers do not know enough, I found that out the hard way and that's a dire shame.

    ReplyDelete