Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It's road warrior time

I've been traveling at lot. Just spent two weeks in Sacramento supporting the California Medi-cal system. I was supposed to be flying back to Grand Rapids on Friday night. I was routed thru Minneapolis, which was good because I needed to be in St. Paul for my daughters graduation from Hamline University on Saturday morning at 11am. She has a triple major; education, history, social studies and an ESL certificate; I only had a double major in 4 years. I tried calling the business travel arranger to see if I could end the flight in Minneapolis and get a corresponding flight from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids, MI on Monday morning. That would have required reissuing the ticket for $700, she suggested just changing the ticket when checking in. I tried that, not allowed. So I said the hell with it since I had already purchased a Monday morning ticket from MSP to Grand Rapids. and let the baggage go to Grand Rapids without me. Borrowed clothes from a friend and made it to the graduation just fine.
The other really insane option was to fly to Grand Rapids, get there at 10pm EDT Friday night, get in the car and drive 11 hours all night to St. Paul. That would have required driving 12 hours back to Lansing on Monday and find a redeye to Sacramento.
Since I needed to be back in Sacramento for Tuesday workday. My flights started at 6:30 am Monday  in Minneapolis, fly to Chicago. This one was great since I got seated in first class, finally enough legroom and no worries about my left arm drifting into someone elses' space. Chicago to Grand Rapids, landed at 10:40am, picked up my luggage from Friday, drive one hour back to East Lansing, mainly to pick up my mail and maybe replace clothes. Found out when I got there that while I could get in the outer apartment door to get mail my apartment key had detached itself from the S-clips, couldn't find it in the briefcase. And since I had a 1:30 flight out from Lansing I had no choice but to head immediately to the airport, will have to wash clothes at the extended stay hotel. Lansing to Detroit; Detroit to Minneapolis, 3 hour layover, Minneapolis to Sacramento, arrive 10pm PDT, get to the hotel 11:30pm, really 1:30am for me.
When I pulled out my security cable and plugin for the laptop the apartment key fell onto the floor.
I'll head home for the weekend again on June 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment