Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Sunday, November 28, 2021

See if You Have Enough Balance to Pass This 60-Second ‘Old Man Test’

I never passed the Berg Balance Scale because of the standing on one leg part. Even after failing it multiple times my PT never gave me any exercises to solve that problem, I guess I was supposed to figure it out on my own.  This is a totally bogus test, I likely will never be able to do this and I'm going to hit 100.

See if You Have Enough Balance to Pass This 60-Second ‘Old Man Test’

Photo credit: Mark Bell - YouTube
Photo credit: Mark Bell - YouTube

There are a number of ways you can tell you're getting older, especially when it comes to your personal fitness, aches and pains notwithstanding. In a new video on powerlifter Mark Bell's YouTube channel, legendary fitness coach Chris Hinshaw shows off what he believes to be the definitive gage of longevity.

"This is the decider of whether or not you're still in the game," he says.

Begin the challenge barefoot. Then, while standing on one foot, put your sock and shoe back onto your elevated foot. You're not allowed to bring that foot back down to the ground until the shoe is on, with the shoelaces fully tied. "You have to do it in one move," says Hinshaw. Then, switch feet and repeat on the other side.

Not only does this require the individual to have good balance, but they must also have good mobility, in order to engage a full range of motion while putting on and tying the shoes. Hinshaw demonstrates the test first, and then powerlifter Chris "Boar" Bell must complete it himself.

"My balance is really bad," says Bell, who repeatedly struggles to even pick up his sock from the floor of the gym while standing on one leg. "I could practice this all day for the next 10 years, then maybe I'll get it."

"This is an amazing test," he continues. "I want to get better at doing just bodyweight and simple things... It's going to be hard for me to get my socks on because I'm just not that flexible, but I feel like I want to work on it."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment