Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Friday, March 24, 2023

Happiness

 Well I'm happy. I'm retired and divorced.


Tried to read 'Neurodharma; New Science, Ancient Wisdom, and Seven Practices of the Highest Happiness'. But it was tough going and never figured out what the seven practices were until I read a review.

The subtitle of the book indicates there are seven practices of highest happiness. They are:

  • Steadying the mind

  • Warming the heart

  • Resting in fullness

  • Being wholeness

  • Receiving nowness

  • Opening into allness

  • Finding timelessness 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I preferred the book;

'8 mindful steps to Happiness: Walking the Buddha's Path' there is this point. 'Desire causes suffering'; page 52.

You'll have to figure out the conundrum yourself. Desiring happiness causes suffering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't finished reading the book: 'The Practical Neuroscience of Buddha's Brain; Happiness, love & wisdom'. So no clue if this is going to help. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 And the reason I am so happy is this:

I don't know where my resiliency came from, stroke at 50, fired at 55, divorced at 57.

 I still walk funny and the left arm and hand are useless and I see nothing out there that is going to get those recovered because no one in the world is working on CURING SPASTICITY, not the useless manage spasticity.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet I'm the happiest I've ever been. 

Mine is here:

Why my stroke was the best thing to ever happen to me

 

Then there is this:

Happiness: A Novel Outcome Measure in Stroke?

Going to Bhutan in August for two weeks with Road Scholar. They measure Gross National Happiness.

The Birthplace Of 'Gross National Happiness' Is Growing A Bit Cynical

I'll do Norway next year to climb to the top of Preikestolen

Distance: 7.6 km (4.7 miles)
Elevation Gain: 350 meters (1150 feet)
Difficulty: Moderate
Length of Time: 4 to 5 hours


How to Hike to Pulpit Rock in Norway (+ HELPFUL Tips ...

1 comment: