Changing stroke rehab and research worldwide now.Time is Brain! trillions and trillions of neurons that DIE each day because there are NO effective hyperacute therapies besides tPA(only 12% effective). I have 523 posts on hyperacute therapy, enough for researchers to spend decades proving them out. These are my personal ideas and blog on stroke rehabilitation and stroke research. Do not attempt any of these without checking with your medical provider. Unless you join me in agitating, when you need these therapies they won't be there.

What this blog is for:

My blog is not to help survivors recover, it is to have the 10 million yearly stroke survivors light fires underneath their doctors, stroke hospitals and stroke researchers to get stroke solved. 100% recovery. The stroke medical world is completely failing at that goal, they don't even have it as a goal. Shortly after getting out of the hospital and getting NO information on the process or protocols of stroke rehabilitation and recovery I started searching on the internet and found that no other survivor received useful information. This is an attempt to cover all stroke rehabilitation information that should be readily available to survivors so they can talk with informed knowledge to their medical staff. It lays out what needs to be done to get stroke survivors closer to 100% recovery. It's quite disgusting that this information is not available from every stroke association and doctors group.

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Decrepitude after biking

 Finally got my recumbent working again, moved the water bottle cage from the right post to the left post and added a cell phone holder om the right post, so I can see the Zeopoxa biking statistics in real time.

Visiting my Mom and a friend here in Minnesota, Biked on the Dakota rail trail from the north shore of Lake Waconia to Wayzata. Started right next to Reinke bay on Lake Waconia, named for my grandpa who had a farm there 70 plus years ago.  This was to be my first outing of the year, preparing for a Sept. bike trip from Lansing to the Mackinac bridge, 5 days covering 50-70 miles per day.

Did 30 miles in  4 hours 55 minutes, avg. speed 6.2 mph, calories burned 1683.8 kcal, elevation loss 573.5 feet,elevation gain 569.9 feet. 

My higher gears were not working so the highest sustained speed I could attain was 8 mph.Only about 80 degrees out, stopped at a roadside restaurant to get iced tea and Naked juice otherwise would have definitely hit dehydration. This longer trip proved my leg length is not correct, the left knee drops out and has to snap back to keep pedaling.. It took all my energy just to walk after this, my knees were screaming at me. Luckily Mom wanted to go to a restaurant for dinner so I didn't have time to rest and have my legs completely lock up on me. Climbing the six steps into the restaurant required single stepping and pulling with maximum force on the handrail.  The next day my butt muscles were screaming at me, second day after my left calf was screaming.

Will need new tires before I can ride it again, wore thru the black rubber to show the yellow rubber underneath, then wore thru that to show the belting underneath.

Had to stop the app a couple of miles before the end since it was down to 4% battery. Which means on my all day rides I'll have to carry an extra battery pack.

Friends do admonish and congratulate me at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment